cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Novice
Level: Powered On

Microsoft Flow using Forms only showing response ID

When I create the action of send an email for a Flow of Microsoft Dynamics 365 data, the microsoft dynamics 365 field available to select are predominately unique identifier records.  This means for the user receiving the email, the details are basically nonsense.  Is there any way to specify a particular field or to have the email disply the details and not the unique identifier?

Here is an example of the body in an email generated from the flow:

A new contract has been added to Account: b2f60df3-f872-e111-9bcd-00155d4d7e08.  The new contract is: eea671e0-8847-e811-812e-70106faa45e1

Thanks Bianca

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Microsoft Flow using Forms only showing response ID

Please provide more details on the actual flow steps that you are using! Screenshots is appreciated 🙂

Kind regards, John

Novice

Hi John,

I've created the list records from Microsoft Dynamics, then selected the action to email.  With email I've chosen some dynamic expressions.  Then as you can see in the email, the account name is coming in as a unique identifier.  I can't select account name without the identifier.  But the information therefore in the email provides no use to the person receiving it. 

In this case, the contract end date of the contract is less than 365 days away for that particular account - but the person receiving the email won't know what account that is for.

image.png

image.pngimage.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ Novice,

Do you want to insert the account name of each account in the email?

You could choose the dynamic content of the "Full Name" or "Description" of the "List Records" action in the body of the email as screenhsot below:

Capture.PNG

You could refer to link below to learn all of the output of the "List Records" action:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/dynamicscrmonline/

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Novice

Hi Alice,

Unfortunately none of those options are available to me as I am not using the contact entity but the Contract entity from Dynamics 365.  Below is a small screenshot of the available fields under contract.  I need a field from Dynamics 365 which is not listed here.

Thanks Bianca

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,928)