cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Flow with File Created Action is not triggered all the time

I have one drive synced local folder and the files will be synced with a SharePoint site when we add files to this folder. I also have a Flow that gets triggered for every file added.

1_RP30Xcw44Ox-35Z2lPmJBQ.png

The complete flow and details can be found here in this article.

The t problem is that it is not triggered all the time. Let's say I added 100 files and the Flow triggered only 78 times. Are there any limitations on the Flow that it can run only this many times in a timeframe? Anyone else faced this issue? Any help is really appreciated. #sharepoint #sharepointonline #flow #onedrive

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Microsoft Flow with File Created Action is not triggered all the time

Thanks, @Jcook for giving the right direction.

Finally, after spending a few hours, I got it working with 120 files at the same time. The flow runs smoothly and efficiently now. Here is what I did.

Click on the three dots on your trigger in the flow, and then click on settings.

settings.png

Now in the new screen, enable the Split On (Without this my Flow was not getting triggered) and give the Array value. Clicking on the array dropdown will give you the matching value. Now turn on the Concurrency as shown in the preceding image and give the Degree of Parallelism to maximum (50 as of now).

concurrency.png

According to Microsoft:

Concurrency Control is to Limit the number of concurrent runs of the flow or leave it off to run as many as possible at the same time. Concurrency control changes the way new runs are queued. It cannot be undone once enabled.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, @Jcook for giving me the right direction.

Finally, after spending a few hours, I got it working with 120 files at the same time. The flow runs smoothly and efficiently now. Here is what I did.

Click on the three dots on your trigger in the flow, and then click on settings.

settings.png

Now in the new screen, enable the Split On (Without this my Flow was not getting triggered) and give the Array value. Clicking on the array dropdown will give you the matching value. Now turn on the Concurrency as shown in the preceding image and give the Degree of Parallelism to maximum (50 as of now).

concurrency.png

As per Flow documentation:

Concurrency Control is to Limit the number of concurrent runs of the flow or leave it off to run as many as possible at the same time. Concurrency control changes the way new runs are queued. It cannot be undone once enabled.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hello @sibeeshvenu 

Which trigger are you using?

Depending on the trigger you can try turning on concurrency, this can be done by clicking the 3 dots on our trigger, click settings and turn on Concurrency/parallelism.

set the value to 50.

NOTE:

Be aware that once you turn on Concurrency, you cannot turn it off (depending on the trigger)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello, @Jcook Thanks a lot for your response. I have updated my question. Please have a look. Are you saying that I should enable this Concurrency Control on for the trigger "When a file is created"?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, @Jcook for giving the right direction.

settings.png

concurrency.png

According to Microsoft:

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, @Jcook for giving me the right direction.

settings.png

concurrency.png

As per Flow documentation:

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,381)