Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft Forms Pro/CRM Integration Flow question

Hello,

I'd like to create a flow that sends a Microsoft Forms Pro survey via an Account in CRM.  I want the flow to be triggered by changing an option set field from No to Yes.  The survey contains one text field. Once the survey has been completed, I want the survey response to be added to a text field in the Account form.  Is this possible? How can I do this? Thanks!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Microsoft Forms Pro/CRM Integration Flow question

@TG2019 

Progress!  So, make sure you use the attribute filter, too...otherwise any update to a record that has that flag as "true" will trigger a survey.

Next problem - The survey response bit will need to be its own flow, but we'll need something to tie the account and the survey response together.  Is there a survey question that includes the email address or some other unique identifier for the account that we can tie to the record?  Not ideal, but it should work.

More ideal, also, would be a custom entity in CRM which tracks form responses by account so you can easily have that relationship and show it on the account page.

-Ed-

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@TG2019 - hopefully I can help.

When you create your first flow in Power Automate, and you use either the Create Invitation step or the Send Survey step, that action gives you fields to populate for the Regarding and the Recipient details. These can be the same record. Take a look at this post for detail:

https://meganvwalker.com/creating-an-invitation-to-a-forms-pro-survey/

So, when you have your first flow, you will either be generating the invitation or survey to go out to a Contact and using the email on that record or to an Account and the email on that record. Sounds like you have that one working, so as long as you have done the part above with the recipient and regarding, you are fine.

Moving on to your second flow. This one will trigger when you have a new Survey Response record created in CDS (or your Dynamics 365 environment). When it comes in, you will need to do a few things. 

• Get the regarding record
  • Get the response details
  • Populate your field on your account with the value from the answered question

Click on the link below and have a look at the first few steps that show you how to trigger the flow, then get the response details. In this example, I have a step that creates a Contact and then populates values on the record. At that point, you instead would have a get record step to get the Account record based on using the ID of the record in the Recipient or Regarding field from the Survey Response. Once you have that record you would have an action to Update it, then populate it like I did in my Create Contact step. 

https://meganvwalker.com/link-anonymous-forms-pro-survey-responses-to-records/

I hope this helps! 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@TG2019 

Hi there.  So, what are you using as your CRM?  If it's Dynamics, have you considered doing everything within D365?  Is the person changing the monitored field (Yes/No) the same one that is answering the survey?

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @edgonzales,
Yes, I’m using dynamics CRM. The person who is filling out the survey is not the same person who will trigger the workflow in CRM. Many of the users who will fill out the survey do not have a CRM account so I cannot do everything in CRM.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @edgonzales ,

Still having trouble figuring this out. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@TG2019 

Hey there.  Have you already tried a CDS trigger monitoring that specific field?  Here's a screenshot of one I built watching the Do Not eMail field

20200123a.PNG

You could probably do the same in a single step with a conditional trigger, but those are still kind of new to me.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @edgonzales ,

I'm able to use your logic to send out a survey invitation, but I still need to be able to record the response of certain questions in my "Account" form after the survey has been submitted.  How can I do that?

Below is what I have so far:

FlowSendSurvey.PNG

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@TG2019 

Progress!  So, make sure you use the attribute filter, too...otherwise any update to a record that has that flag as "true" will trigger a survey.

Next problem - The survey response bit will need to be its own flow, but we'll need something to tie the account and the survey response together.  Is there a survey question that includes the email address or some other unique identifier for the account that we can tie to the record?  Not ideal, but it should work.

More ideal, also, would be a custom entity in CRM which tracks form responses by account so you can easily have that relationship and show it on the account page.

-Ed-

Highlighted

@TG2019 - hopefully I can help.

When you create your first flow in Power Automate, and you use either the Create Invitation step or the Send Survey step, that action gives you fields to populate for the Regarding and the Recipient details. These can be the same record. Take a look at this post for detail:

https://meganvwalker.com/creating-an-invitation-to-a-forms-pro-survey/

So, when you have your first flow, you will either be generating the invitation or survey to go out to a Contact and using the email on that record or to an Account and the email on that record. Sounds like you have that one working, so as long as you have done the part above with the recipient and regarding, you are fine.

Moving on to your second flow. This one will trigger when you have a new Survey Response record created in CDS (or your Dynamics 365 environment). When it comes in, you will need to do a few things. 

• Get the regarding record
  • Get the response details
  • Populate your field on your account with the value from the answered question

Click on the link below and have a look at the first few steps that show you how to trigger the flow, then get the response details. In this example, I have a step that creates a Contact and then populates values on the record. At that point, you instead would have a get record step to get the Account record based on using the ID of the record in the Recipient or Regarding field from the Survey Response. Once you have that record you would have an action to Update it, then populate it like I did in my Create Contact step. 

https://meganvwalker.com/link-anonymous-forms-pro-survey-responses-to-records/

I hope this helps! 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @meganvwalker! Your solution worked.  Thank you to @edgonzalesas well!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,201)