cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattps

Microsoft Forms multiple choice

Hi Everyone,

I am just starting out with Power Automate and am a bit confused. I have a simple task where I'd like to parse the results of a Microsoft Forms multiple choice question into an array and then perform a series of actions based on the contents of that array.

This is what I have so far:

mattps_0-1627043613902.png

How do I check the contents of the array for keywords, like SELECT CASE etc, or is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesYumnam
Resolver III
Resolver III

hi @mattps you can use Switch control or Condition control for that. Below I am showing how Switch can do that.

Search for switch while adding a new action.

JamesYumnam_1-1627045797733.png

sample flow:

JamesYumnam_2-1627046172851.png

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesYumnam
Resolver III
Resolver III

hi @mattps you can use Switch control or Condition control for that. Below I am showing how Switch can do that.

Search for switch while adding a new action.

JamesYumnam_1-1627045797733.png

sample flow:

JamesYumnam_2-1627046172851.png

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

mattps

That's really helpful James, I'll give that a go.

DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hey @mattps 

As an alternative to the switch, can I throw my idea out there?  You can use an array of options and filter on the outcome.  If the length of the array is>0 i.e. a match, you proceed with your flow.  If you have multiple switch cases but follow the same outcome, this is by far a cleaner method.

See here https://www.damobird365.com/if-elseif-else-in-power-automate-simplified/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,739)