cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian_K
Level: Powered On

Microsoft flow, Copy file error 400 - "Member 'Level' was not found. CallStack...

Hey,

This is my first post so I hope you can excuse potential flaws in how I formulate my question.

I have an issue with microsoft flow not performing the flow that I have constructed in sharepoint. I have tried troubleshooting this for a while now but can't seem to figure out the issue.

What I'm trying to do is copy files from a folder to another folder:

( DokumentLibrary1/Subfolder/Subfolder2/(copy)file --> DokumentLibrary2/Subfolder/(place)file )

I have gotten as far as narrowing it down to the "Copy file" action not working(it has previousley been working).

The error message I am getting is as follows:

"status"400,
  "message""Member 'Level' was not found. CallStack...

sharepointError.png

Anyone that can help me with any info?

Thanks in advance!

/CK

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft flow, Copy file error 400 - "Member 'Level' was not found. CallStack...

Hi @Christian_K,

Could you share a full screenshots of your Flow configuration? It seems to be a problem with this action configuration.

I can't reproduce your mistakes here.

Could you provide all the error messages?

Please provide more details and we would provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Christian_K

Re: Microsoft flow, Copy file error 400 - "Member 'Level' was not found. CallStack...

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Its kind of hard to show the whole process, but this is more or less the flow...

1. When HTTP Request is recieved

2. Get Metadata by Path

2. List Folder

3. Apply to each

4. If (filetyp != folder)

5. Copy file from path A to path B

copyFlowFail.pngnewCopyFlow.png

The error message is pretty long:

start --------- 

"status"400,
  "message": "Member 'Level' was not found. CallStack --    at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetElement(String name, Type& foundType)\r\n   at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetByte(String name)\r\n   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid fileId, SPResourcePath filePath, FileInfo fileInfo, String fileValue, Int32 authorId, String authorLoginName, Int32 editorId, String editorLoginName, String checkinComment, DateTime timeCreated, DateTime timeLastModified, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, Int32 iVersion, Boolean isFirstVersion, Int32 listItemId, String listInternalName, Boolean hasNoExecuteFlag, ImportObjectManager objectManager, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper)\r\n   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.UploadFileData(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, MetaInfoHandler metaInfo, StreamingContext context)\r\n  

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFile(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& filePath, Boolean fileExistsInDb, Boolean isFirstVersion, Boolean hasWebParts, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context)\r\n   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.FileSerializer.CreateOrUpdateFileVersion(Object fileOrListItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid id, SPResourcePath& fileUrl, Boolean fileExistsInDb, String version, Boolean isFirstVersion, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SerializationInfoHelper infoHelperListitem, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)\r\n  

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.AddOrUpdateDoclibItemVersion(SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SPListItem& listItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, SPWeb web, Guid newId, SPResourcePath& listItemServerRelativePath, Boolean bIsPublish, Boolean exists, String version, Boolean isFirstVersion, Boolean isLastVersion, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector, LoggerStatistics stats)\r\n   

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemVersionSerializer.AddListItemVersion(SPWeb web, SPListItem listItem, SPLoggerObject loggerObject, Guid newId, Boolean editHistory, Boolean existsInDb, Boolean isFirst, Boolean isLast, Boolean isDocLib, StreamingContext context, XmlElement listItemData, SerializationInfoHelper listItemInfoHelper, SPResourcePath& listItemServerRelativeUrl, ISurrogateSelector selector, LoggerStatistics stats, Guid docId)\r\n  

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.UpdateListItemVersionData(SerializationInfoHelper infoHelper, SPWeb web, SPListItem& listItem, Guid newId, Boolean existsInDb, Boolean isDocLib, SPResourcePath& listItemServerRelativePath, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)\r\nclientRequestId: ... \r\nserviceRequestId: ...

--------- end

Christian_K

@v-bacao-msft

Might not matter, but forgot to ref. you.

Highlighted
simonjhudson

HiIt's been a while since anyone repleid; but I have been ahving the same issue that you had.

In the end it turns out to be something wierd to do with the Promoted State (used for turning pages into news pages) in the source files. At least that was teh case for us. Creating a copy of the soruce file solved our issue, even though we don;t really know why.

I hope it helps you 

Super User
Super User

Hey all

Maybe you should try the action, create file instead of copy file.

In the past there have been some issues with the copy file action.

It is better to create a new one but with the file content of the file you want to "copy".

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

simonjhudson

interesting Tom. How would we create a new file or page with the content of an existing one?

dogemaster

Having the same issue here, and can't solve it. I had the copy file action working earlier.
Any new thoughts regarding this?

If I try to make a new aspx file I get access denied, so that doesn't seem to be a solution to the issue.

Super User
Super User

Hey @simonjhudson

Sorry for the super late answer.

Well there is a action called Get File Content so you can get the content of the existing page and copy it to the new one.

Here is an example of it:

Create new file.PNG 

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,383)