cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmurray
Level: Power Up

Microsoft flow email from your boss

Hey,

So I am new to flow, where to I add emails addresses so that I can create a push notification. For example the template that allows you to create a push notication for when you recieve an email form your boss. How or where do I add my Boss's email for to then create flow using the template mentioned above.

An article I read mentioned " this template will fall apart if you don’t have a defined manager in Active Directory, so if you want to use it make sure that the information is there." How do I do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft flow email from your boss

Hi @bmurray,

Do you use the "Get a push notificaiton when you receive an email from your boss" template of Microsoft Flow within your flow?

I suppose that you use the above template to create your flow on your side, is it true? If you use the above template to create your flow, you don't need to add your Boss's email address within your flow. The "Get manager" action of Office 365 Users connector would obtain the profile of your manager automatically. I have made a test on my side and the flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

In addition, if you want to use the above template to create your flow, please make sure you have a defined manager in Azure Active Directory. If you don't have a defined manager in Azure Active Directory, the flow would fail. Please check if you have a defined manager within Azure Active Directory within following steps:

• Sign in to the Azure AD Admin Center with an account that's a global admin for the directory.
  • Select Users and Groups.10.JPG

• Select All Users.9.JPG

• Find you from the User lists.
  • Select your profile.11.JPG

• Within your profile, find Manager ID field and check if there is a value in it.12.JPG

If there is no value within Manager ID field of your profile, it means that you don't have a defined manager. If you want to set a manager for you in Azure Active Directory, please take a try with the following steps:

• Open All Users list which is mentioned above.10.JPG

• Find your manager and open his profile. 
  • Within your manager's profile, copy the value of Object ID property.13.JPG

• Then open your profile and find Manager ID field. Paste the value that copied above wihtin Manager ID field.
  • Click "Save" button

More details about adding or changing profile information for user in Azure Active Directory, please check the following article:

Add or change profile information for user in Azure Active Directory

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Microsoft flow email from your boss

Hi @bmurray,

Do you use the "Get a push notificaiton when you receive an email from your boss" template of Microsoft Flow within your flow?

I suppose that you use the above template to create your flow on your side, is it true? If you use the above template to create your flow, you don't need to add your Boss's email address within your flow. The "Get manager" action of Office 365 Users connector would obtain the profile of your manager automatically. I have made a test on my side and the flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

In addition, if you want to use the above template to create your flow, please make sure you have a defined manager in Azure Active Directory. If you don't have a defined manager in Azure Active Directory, the flow would fail. Please check if you have a defined manager within Azure Active Directory within following steps:

• Sign in to the Azure AD Admin Center with an account that's a global admin for the directory.
  • Select Users and Groups.10.JPG

• Select All Users.9.JPG

• Find you from the User lists.
  • Select your profile.11.JPG

• Within your profile, find Manager ID field and check if there is a value in it.12.JPG

If there is no value within Manager ID field of your profile, it means that you don't have a defined manager. If you want to set a manager for you in Azure Active Directory, please take a try with the following steps:

• Open All Users list which is mentioned above.10.JPG

• Find your manager and open his profile. 
  • Within your manager's profile, copy the value of Object ID property.13.JPG

• Then open your profile and find Manager ID field. Paste the value that copied above wihtin Manager ID field.
  • Click "Save" button

More details about adding or changing profile information for user in Azure Active Directory, please check the following article:

Add or change profile information for user in Azure Active Directory

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,366)