cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
em1

Microsoft form to SharePoint list- need help with item-level access

Hello! Please help me out. I've created a flow that when a Microsoft form is submitted, the inputs will be added to a SharePoint list. I need to set it up as follows:

- I created "Group A" with the default contribute permission level. They own this SharePoint list and can view, add, update, and delete list items and documents.

- I need to set up item-level permission in this SharePoint list. I have columns submitted by and assigned to. If an item is submitted by me or assigned to me, I will have contribute permission level.

- If the item was not submitted by me and was re-assigned to another person, I can no longer access that item unless I belong to "Group A".

I can't use below setting because I created the flow and by default I am the author/creator. I also tried to create an item-level view to meet the 2nd condition above and disable search but I'm not really sure if that's the best approach. Please, any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @em1 

You want to explore the SharePoint HTTP API https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/get-to-know-the-sharepoint-rest-service?t... 

With this you can get the ID of a user by email - like so:

DamoBird365_0-1615803664781.png

Break the inheritence on an item and then re-apply permissions to that item based on that individual user.  Your Group A will continue to have access to the item but you will have given the individual direct access to the Item in the SharePoint list, similarly you can remove that permission if need be.  An example of inheritence being broken and applied to an individual is below:

DamoBird365_1-1615803845770.png

Note - I have used Item ID 1 in my example, you could use a dynamic value for this Item ID.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @em1 

How are you getting on?  If you need more help then please let me know.

If my post has helped, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

em1

Hi @DamoBird365 ,

I'm fairly new to Power Automate so I don't know yet how HTTP request works, but for now I've found a manual solution. I will grant list access to a specific group who can view all items. Once an employee submits the MS form, I will be notified and I will grant access to that employee and the assignee.

I'm not expecting a lot of entries to this list so the manual work shouldn't be tedious, but I will look into the HTTP request. Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,273)