cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft forms RSVP with Create Event (v2)

I'm Trying to create an rsvp type form (Microsoft forms), where a user opts to attend a certain webinar, and once selected, to create an event in the responder's calendar.

I have created the form and created the flow for each of the webinars (Skype meetings). but now I want to create an event in the "Form responders' " calendar not my own.

the option though is only for "Calendar" which is my own calendarID and not that of the forms responder. is there a syntax or query to put in the calendar ID field that would use the signed in person's (form responder) calendar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi MiloF,

My solution is to use the Flow to invite the user into the original Calendar event. This will also let you see who is invited.

I created a video explanation: https://youtu.be/KQzU1gKZYIY

The only drawback is that each user will see the names of all the other attendees. There might be a work around for this by adding them to the Resources field, rather than the Optional Attendees.

I hope this helps.

- Mark

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to create an event on user’s calendar?

I am afraid that it is not possible currently. There is a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-to-create-calendar-event-on-users-calendar-dynamic/idi-p/54738

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MarkStokes
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi MiloF,

This is an interesting request. I have a couple of ideas that I’ll try today and let you know if they work.

The first would be to add them as an attendee on your event. Then they will get an invite to the event and also see any updates that you make to the event.

The second option might be to try and form a .ics attachment in Flow and add that to the response email.

I’ll try these today and come back to you.

Mark

Hi MiloF,

My solution is to use the Flow to invite the user into the original Calendar event. This will also let you see who is invited.

I created a video explanation: https://youtu.be/KQzU1gKZYIY

The only drawback is that each user will see the names of all the other attendees. There might be a work around for this by adding them to the Resources field, rather than the Optional Attendees.

I hope this helps.

- Mark

Mark! Epic solution! and thanks so much for the dedication of making this video!

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark, Thank you very much for the awesome video. the solution works perfectly. I made one change where, in the field for optional attendees, I selected the "responders email" as I don't have a field in my form where they input their email and the form is shared with internal users only. Also, the original flow I struggled with I used "switch" with a case for each of the events. this new flow is much easier to maintain going forward. (monthly webinars).

Great video! This helped me solve a much needed problem in my organization. I was wondering if it would be possible to use this flow when the question being asked is multiple response. For example, we offer training classes and give users the option to sign up for multiple classes in a month.

Example:

Which class(es) would you like to take?

A. Option 1

B. Option 2

C. Option 3

Ideally if a user selected two or more options, they would receive invites for each of those events. Would this be possible?

@MarkStokes  Thank you for the solution. I tried but its failing although followed same steps. I am getting this message Action 'Apply_to_each' failed

The execution of template action 'Apply_to_each' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@triggerBody()?['resourceData']' is of type 'Object'. The result must be a valid array.

jsampson
Regular Visitor

Am i doing something differently or does everyone that has already registered get another email every time an additional person registers for that event?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,914)