cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft word

Hello

I wanted to extract the contents of Microsoft word file from sharepoint folder and wanted to paste that content in email body.

How to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johhnymac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that it currently is not possible to take the contents of a word document and paste them into the body of an email at this time using Microsoft Flow.  I found this post from another user that had a similar issue where a community support member responded.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-File-Content-and-insert-to-body-of-an-email/td-p/139050

They also mentioned a possible workaround where you save the document as a text file instead of as a word document and pull the contents from that, but I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know if it works.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Johhnymac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that it currently is not possible to take the contents of a word document and paste them into the body of an email at this time using Microsoft Flow.  I found this post from another user that had a similar issue where a community support member responded.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-File-Content-and-insert-to-body-of-an-email/td-p/139050

They also mentioned a possible workaround where you save the document as a text file instead of as a word document and pull the contents from that, but I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know if it works.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The Word file content obtained in Flow is not plain text, they have been encoded, and currently cannot be transcoded through Flow.

If you want such a file to be read as plain text in Flow, please consider voting for the similar idea below:

Provide-a-action-to-read-content-of-word-file-from-SharePoint

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (41,869)