cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing Columns from SharePoint List in Flow

I have added columns to my SharePoint list and they are not showing up in my Flow. I've backed out of the Flow and refreshed my screen several times. I've shared my Flow with someone else and they can't see the fields. I've tried creating a new Flow from scratch and the fields still don't show up. There's are 2 choice fields and 1 short-text field not showing up. 

get items 4 of 4.pngget items 3 of 4.pngget items 2 of 4.pngget items 1 of 4.png8.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for updating.

Have you created Views for the list on SharePoint site?

Have you selected a specific View for the field Limit columns by View?

If yes, please make sure the view you’ve selected contains the added columns.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How is your flow created? Could you share a full screenshot of your flow?

Have you made any changes to the list after the flow has been established?

I have created a list which contains two Choices column and a single line of text column.

When configuring the flow, all of them are available as dynamic contents.

If possible, please try to recreate the list to see if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not want to recreate the list because it's already in use. I have other Flows working on it with no issue. The "Calendar SP ID" column showed up before with no issue. The other two columns I just added yesterday and now all three of those columns won't show up. So, yes, I made changes to the list after the flow was established.

I went into another Flow that uses this list and the columns don't show up in Dynamic Content in that one either when I try to add them to a step.9.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for updating.

Have you created Views for the list on SharePoint site?

Have you selected a specific View for the field Limit columns by View?

If yes, please make sure the view you’ve selected contains the added columns.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my goodness!! You are a genius! I can't believe that. THANK YOU!

pcm
Advocate I
Advocate I

I ran into a similar issue with a column missing from my loaded list and even with a view that only loaded that column it was not being loaded. The issue ended up being that the column I was loading from did not have a value set for the item I was loading. Since there was no value, the Get Item action just didn't even return that column in the result. So when I used a condition to check what the value of that column was it caused my Flow to fail. I ended up needing to add a check for whether the column was being returned before checking if the column was a specific value.

I would have expected blank columns to be returned and set to empty or undefined instead of not existing. 

I have the same issue. I have my field in the view I created, the field is a lookup column in the SP list. 

Udayan
Frequent Visitor

Same issue .. but lookup column  is not showing up . Tried get items with views but still no luck .

Vegard1
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, all columns except the ones with lookups.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,430)