cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauraWare
Advocate I
Advocate I

Mixed answers from Microsoft Rep on how MS Flow runs

We have a flow that runs with a trigger of "when a record is created or modified" on Appointments Activity in Dynamics 365.

That flow was copied to 3 users.  Our MS rep told us that the trigger would only kick off when the Owner of the Activity was the person the flow was running under.

When I look at all three user's Flows, I see that the trigger (flow) is running anytime anyone creates or modifies an Appointment in Dynamics 365.  That could be any one of our 350 users, not just the three using the flows. 

Is this how it's supposed to run?  So essentially, we will hit our 2,000 limit per user, not because they are running the flows, but simply because any Appointment Activity is created or modified.  If that's the case, is there a way to create a condition in the trigger so that it only runs on the owner of the activity record?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JonL
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @LauraWare

Your flow counts are aggreagate across your entire tenant. So if you have 604,000 runs, those could be consumed by all of your users or just 1.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LauraWare,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Are these three users the members of the Dynamics 365 organization?

Further, do you share the flow with the three users?

If the three users are existed in same organization of Dynamics 365, anyone of them creates a Appointment record in Dynamics 365, the flow would be triggered successfully.

I afraid that there is no way to create a condition in the trigger so that it only runs on the owner of the activity record in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best reagrds,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Kris, that was what I was afraid of.

I don't share the flows with the users because our flow takes activities from dynamics, and updates their google calendars with appointments.  When you share a flow, it only runs under the account you select, and that doesn't work for google calendars. 

So we export the flows and import them to the users as personal flows. 

If our organization MS Flow totals are 604,000 total available, are we still limited to 2,000 per user?  I noticed that for the month of January, I am over 2,000 but my flows continue to run without getting an error. 

Thank you!

JonL
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @LauraWare

Your flow counts are aggreagate across your entire tenant. So if you have 604,000 runs, those could be consumed by all of your users or just 1.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Hey @LauraWare,

Thanks for posting to the Flow Forum!

Have you had a chance to consider @JonL's response to your Flow count question?

If yes and you find that solution satisfactory, please go ahead and mark this thread as "Solved". 🙂

Happy Flowing,

-AT (Community Admin)

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (46,952)