cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbrazeau
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Mobile Notifications - Send to notice to End User not Flow Owner?

I used the Notifications to send a Mobile Notification. When I tested the app I was getting responses like I would expect. I had another user test using the Mobile Button and I got the notifications instead of them. I can understand the user case of keeping the Flow Owner aware of what is going on, but it would be nice to give the actual end users messages as well, like a failure message with some details. If there is another way to send the Mobile App a message that is visible, I'm game. My attempt using a request response didn't work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @bbrazeau,

Currently, it seems that flow will send out the mobile notification to the flow owner but not the people who triggers the flow.

Here is a similar request on send notification to others, please vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Send-notifications-to-others/idi-p/83230

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @bbrazeau,

Currently, it seems that flow will send out the mobile notification to the flow owner but not the people who triggers the flow.

Here is a similar request on send notification to others, please vote the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Send-notifications-to-others/idi-p/83230

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the response.  I made sure to vote on the item.

Jroginsky
Advocate I
Advocate I

This has NOT been solved?

MariaOrza
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-yamao-msft 

This idea is marked as solved, but the link to the solution directs back to the same idea.

What exactly is the solution for this? 

Cjramsey22
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm having the exact opposite problem. I want the notifications to go only to me, which they do if I trigger the flow in powerapps, but I don't receive them when other users trigger my flow. I can see they're triggering it in Run History, but I only receive the notifications when I trigger it myself. I'm using "Ask In Powerapps" from dynamic content. The app just passes in (User().Fullname) to flow.

FlowCapture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Users online (2,858)