cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vecerpa
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Modern Approvals

Hello, I'd like to ask if there is some detail description of behaviour of modern approvals especially how is defined language for email that is being sent.

I have configured language of Flow to English as when creating Flows translations are quite strange. But this configuration is then creating emails in English, but user that receives approval has configured Czech language.

So why does not modern approval pick language of user and then compose approval in such language? It will be much better solution than that approvel is composed based on global configured language of Flow creator.

Approval in Flow site is correctly translated:

FlowLangIssue1.PNG

Apporval email generated by Flow is in English, even user is configured to Czech language, there is also wrong time:

FlowLangIssue2.PNG

Thank you for advice

Pavel

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vecerpa,

Do you configure language of flow in Settings option of Microsoft Flow portal?

If you configure the language in Settings of Microsoft Flow portal, you just configure the display language of Modern Approvals action on your side. You could create emails in English on your side, but the approver would compose approval information in the language that has configured on his side.

If you want the approver to receive approval information in English, the approver should also configure the language of Flow to English.

More details about Modern Approvals in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Introducing Modern Approvals in Flow

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Yes I configured language in Flow settings and still email is being delivered in English. So I guess, there is no translation of email template to Czech language?

And is there any option/plan to deliver such option to change layout of email template for Modern Approval? It will be nice to make option to modify it.

BR

Pavel

Same issue right here, can't get the approval email to be sent in another language than English.

Not sure 100%, but I think that if the language of the user who execute the approval is in a specific language, the approval email will be sent in the browser language.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,288)