cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ForMyCompany
Level: Powered On

Monitoring SharePoint Online Document Library

Hello Community,

is there a ready to use ZIP for a "simple" Flow to Monitor alle Actions in a Document Library?

I tried some Flows without any Problems, but one Problem is, when Renaming a File/Folder, it wont recognized it by any SharePoint Trigger 😞 Only when i modify a file inside with more text or so, the Change Date/Time will change. But everytime i change the Filename, it wont change the Change Date/Time.

My ambition ist to "Monitor" any action in DocLib, new/create-modify-rename-delete-move and post it as a message to a Teams Channel.

Any Hints?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Monitoring SharePoint Online Document Library

Hi @ForMyCompany 

Although this a forum for MS Flow and I'm sure flow is very capable, one thing as an alternative I could strongly suggest for this is to make use of the audit system that is part of the Secuirty & Compliance Centre of 365 (if you're an admin with permissions of course). 

In the Secuirty and Compliance Centre you can setup alerts for exactly this type of thing... simply head to the 'Alerts' section and you can begin setitng them up by specifying what to monitor and what email you want to send to should they trigger. You can also view reports of such alerts over periods of time. 

Svaes you on searching and/or any potential development time for a complicated flow to do the exact same thing! 

Again I know this is a MS Flow forum but this is somthing v relavent to you! 

Regards.

ForMyCompany
Level: Powered On

Re: Monitoring SharePoint Online Document Library

Hello @Anonymous ,

thank you for this hint.

It is not possible to use the Audit Feature because of non Admin Access and also Audit E-Mail seems to slow and "Oldschool" 😉 The Situation is to see instant any actions at a SharePoint DocLib and not after some hours/days.

It seems also a small limitation in Flow, if i monitor in one DocLib with more than 1Mill Files and about 600GB, it tooks more about 1h if a run is completed 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,537)