cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lrepko
Level: Power Up

Monthly Recurrence Flow

I am trying to create a monthly recurrence flow that automatically sends out the same email. My flow doesn't seem to be automatically recurring.... I believe the issue is with the Start Time. When I set the frequency to daily (opposed to monthly) I am able to specify the time. There is a box to select the hour and a box to type in the minute you want to send the e-mail during that day. However, when you select the monthly frequency, you have to code a start time. I have tried coding the example given by microsoft and surfing the web, and no luck. 

Does anyone have any advice for me with trying to code the start time correctly? The test flow works fine, but the flow is not sending emails automatically..... I read elsewhere that the monthly function doesn't work in flow but that is hard to believe because why would there be an option for it if it didn't work? Thanks for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Monthly Recurrence Flow

Hi @lrepko ,

The Start time here means that when you configure the current Flow, the first run of Flow will be at the Start time you specify, and then the Flow will be triggered according to the period you set.

If the Frequency you choose is Month, then the only parameters that can be configured at present are Time zone and Start time. You could configure the start time according to the format mentioned in the hint.

If you want to configure more parameters, please consider your suggestion in the Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Besides, since you want Flow to run once a month and complete the specified actions, you may also try the following method to configure your Flow.

Set Flow to run once a day, select your time zone, specify the start time and some parameters.

By default, the expected action is executed on the first day of each month. Use Condition to determine whether the current date is the 1st of this month. If yes, execute the following action.

Image reference:

52.PNG

This method will consume some quota of Flow runs, but only consumes 30 times a month, which can be ignored.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @lrepko 

You can configure the start time in the monthy recurrence trigger:ee3.PNG

After choosing the time zone, you can modify the string for start time in the below format.

2019-09-27T08:30:00.000Z

yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lrepko ,

The Start time here means that when you configure the current Flow, the first run of Flow will be at the Start time you specify, and then the Flow will be triggered according to the period you set.

If the Frequency you choose is Month, then the only parameters that can be configured at present are Time zone and Start time. You could configure the start time according to the format mentioned in the hint.

If you want to configure more parameters, please consider your suggestion in the Flow idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Besides, since you want Flow to run once a month and complete the specified actions, you may also try the following method to configure your Flow.

Set Flow to run once a day, select your time zone, specify the start time and some parameters.

By default, the expected action is executed on the first day of each month. Use Condition to determine whether the current date is the 1st of this month. If yes, execute the following action.

Image reference:

52.PNG

This method will consume some quota of Flow runs, but only consumes 30 times a month, which can be ignored.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,583)