cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Move List item with attachments and version history

This is about List Items - NOT document libraries.  For SharePoint Online.

With Content and Structure going away, how can we move a list item, with its attachments and version history to an archive list (with the same list structure of course).  I know I could write a flow to copy it (the attachments are troublesome but possible) and then remove it from the source list.  However, what about version history.  This allows us to keep track of all the changes the users did and who did them.  From an audit perspective, we need that if there was ever a problem.  I really wish MSFT had created a Move To and Copy To for list items like they did for document libraries!!!!  That is a really big miss.  There are 3rd party solutions but that means coughing up $$$ for something which was included before.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Move List item with attachments and version history

@PhilipCaldwell , I think this task is easy through using CSOM. If you intrested i will send you, I have code for copying document library with version history from one site to another site but it can be change for list as well. 

Thanks,

Harry_G

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sure, I'd love to see your sample code.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

i'm looking for that also, do you get it work with Power Automate?

Thanks,

YHLow

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,765)