cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akosbanar
Advocate III
Advocate III

Move file to another folder, rename it and create a new file to the previous location

Dear all,

I have a flow what moves an Excel to another (archive) folder once a week. This the first part of the flow and it is working well. But I would like to rename it for "original name_[modification date]" and I couldn't solve it (so I don't have function for that in my flow). After that I would like to create an empty file in the old location based on a master file (what contains an empty table what I fill at the week and archive it).

My flow doesn't have fail but unfortunately can't do the needed steps.

Can you help me?

akosbanar_0-1632302831784.png

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@akosbanar  Your flow screens are very small not able to see anything. While adding screen pls adjust screen size.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

akosbanar
Advocate III
Advocate III

-

akosbanar
Advocate III
Advocate III

I add it separately.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

     

@akosbanar Rather moving your file just create a copy of your file in another location and empty previous excel file.

Use-

1. Copy file action and in Name column add utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd') so that your file append with date.

2. List row present in a table - This action will give your excel data row by row. 

3. Delete a row- Select key column and key value from list row present in a table. This will clean your original file.

Hardesh15_0-1632324524771.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Thank you for your tipp. But I should also rename it after the row deletion from "name_Copy" to just "name" and the archive file as well for "utcNOW()_name" and I can't do it in the same flow.

@akosbanar  Why you need this? I have original file name -"Original" then first i am copying (not moving) this file to another location with name "Original_Date" Then i am emptying our Original file via delete row.

If i am missing something pls let me know.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

akosbanar
Advocate III
Advocate III

You are absolutely correct, I think, I just don't understand where can I modify the file name when I use the copy file action. 

akosbanar_0-1632388058346.png

@akosbanar  As such there is no direct way to rename your SharePoint file. You can use HTTP request action to rename your file.

I think you were hoping there is direct way to rename it.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,628)