Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blader1989
Helper I
Helper I

Moving file in sharepoint after modified the column properties

Hi all,

I'm building a flow that each time when my user change the properties of the column from no to yes like the image below

properties_yes.JPG

The file will be moved to another library in the same sharepoint. But my flow could not work and fail many times. here is the flows

Inkedmove file to folder_2_LI.jpgInkedmove file to folder_1_LI.jpg

Inkedmove file to folder_2_LI.jpgAny recommendation for my flow? Thank you for your reading.

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Blader1989 

In your Move file action, you need to supply the file identifier for the File to move:

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

What's the role of 'Get files -properties only-? I mean, do you need to move several files, not only the one that triggered the flow?

If you goal is to move only the file that triggered the flow, I would replace 'get files' and use add a Condition' action block instead, so you can check with it if Processed is set to true, and on its True (yes) branch move the file

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Dear @ScottShearer 

I have modified as your suggest but the flow run successfully at 0s and nothing still happened. Our scenario that after a user open a file or many files and review is satisfied. They will modified the the Column (yes/no) - which its name is Processed, if they are in yes, they will be moved to another library folder.  Am I missing something for this flow?

Capture.JPG

Also I thank you for your help in my previous post, the flow are working well.

Hello @efialttes ,

Thank you for your reply. Our goal is that when the file or many files are modified Yes in the column (yes/no) which its name is Processed as attached file

properties_yes.JPG

Then they will be moved to another library folder within the sharepoint. Therefore, follow your example, could you specific more detail or example? Because I'm so new with this technique and programming is not good enough. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,407)