cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving .xlsx attachment to folder

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Power Automate and am having trouble with a simple flow. I have an email sent to me every Monday morning with an .xlsx attachment on it. I've created a flow that takes that .xlsx attachment and moves it into a folder on my onedrive. The flow runs successfully, however when I try to open the .xlsx in my onedrive, I'm told it cannot be opened because the file format or file extension is not valid. See my flow below, is there an issue with moving .xlsx files?

Power Automate.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Did you double check that the filename you are providing when you create the file has the .xlsx extension?  I've seen that be an issue in the past.  It looks like you are supplying your own name rather than using the one from the attachment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,207)