Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimJim
Helper V
Helper V

Multi level approval with custom responses and attachments

Hey,

I am trying to design a fairly complex flow and I am a little unsure how the finished product should look.

I am creating an approval workflow to allow a user to make a request. The request will go through up to 7 different approvers (sequentially) and each approver will have the option to Approve, Reject or Request more info.

Firstly, I am unsure how the request more info will work, if an approver requests more info would it be better to deal with the response using a separate flow?

Also, there may be multiple attachments, do I need to save these is my sharepoint list or does Power Automate store them automatically somewhere?

Ideally, I want the attachments to be stored somewhere centrally instead of emailing them all over the place.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
swathirajan
Helper II
Helper II

Hi JimJim,

Recently, we created similar workflow that goes through six levels of approvals.

You can use 'Do Until' function to send back to the Workflow Initiator requesting for more info.

Or you could use 'Reassign' option in the approval page.

Or you could use parent child flows, so request for more info goes to child flow.

In my view, Sharepoint list and attachments together makes things complicated.

We tried and tried and tried, finally gave up and created our own custom power app for attachments.

Instead of showing all attachments in emails, you could display the link of attachments in approval action page, and the attachments gets open in word/ excel/ powerpoint online.

Once approved, we store it in Sharepoint Documents within a folder.

Hope i gave you some basic idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,246)