cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blanghorst
Helper IV
Helper IV

Multi-value people field population no longer working

Let's say I have a SharePoint source list "SourceList," which has a column called "Members," which is a multi-value person field.  Let's say I have another list called "DestinationList" which has a multi-value person field called "Members" as well.  Up until a week or two ago, you could easily just populate the field on the destination list with the value from the source list and it would work:

MultiPerson.jpg

Now, however, it will not work on ANY new workflows.  I have older workflows which use the method above and they still work, but any new workflows always give some variation of:

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The API operation does not allow writing a value for parameter 'item/Members[0]/DisplayName'. This parameter is read only.

I've tried manually building the array in a variable and get the same message.  If I omit DisplayName from the array, the same error appears but stating that Email is read-only.

What is going on?  Does anyone have a fix?  To say I'm frustrated is a serious understatement.  I've seen two other posts recently stating the same thing and NO ONE has said a word.  I need an answer please.

5 REPLIES 5
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@blanghorst Multi Value people picker fields have always been a difficult.

I have seen a recent post by @siddharth_v  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Update-Multi-Values-with-People-Pi...

You might want to give the above a try.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@blanghorst 

If it worked and now it doesn't, you might consider reporting it as a bug here.

I am seeing similar behavior.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

I appreciate your reply, but the quote article is from December and the fact is that this functionality worked until recently and there is zero reason it should have stopped working.   If MS wanted to change it, they shouldn't allow the possibility of populating it in the GUI as I show below.   Fortunately, I have an older workflow which works and I was able to template it and even apply it to different lists and it still (fortunately) works.

I am going to report this as a bug as Scott suggested.

Thanks

oazk
Regular Visitor

Almost a year has passed and it is still not working. Is it a bug to fix or not? I just want to copy records form 1 list to another list (with multiple person filed) with the same columns and I'm not able to do that.

mattwawiorka

Hey oazk, I came across your post why struggling through this issue. For what it's worth, here is a hack that's been working for me:

mattwawiorka_0-1629394007712.png

Approvers here is a multi-person column. I am then able to use the output of this function for adding the multi-person result to another list:

mattwawiorka_1-1629394119177.png

Cheers,

- Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,383)