Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Multiple Excel documents collate to master Excel document

Hi,

Has anyone done something where they have had multiple Excel documents keeping themselves in sync with a master Excel document?

Scenario is multiple staff have their own document so they only see their own data but we want to collate and see all the data in a single master Excel document.

Thanks

Damien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Multiple Excel documents collate to master Excel document

Hi @BalletBob 

I can think of some, but it's tricky. Syncing is never easy, especially Excels, that can change all the time.

Here's another proposal to think about. You can have SharePoint lists with filtered information per person/area and have a view where you can see all the data. You can even format it, so that it looks as close as possible to the Excels of each person. 

To achieve this, you can create a SharePoint list based on folders and provide permissions to each person to see their folder. Then you would have your master list with all the information.

We've successfully applied this in my job where the regional manager had a global view, and each area manager would only view their information.

Here's how to do it

https://manueltgomes.com/microsoft/sharepoint/create-a-list-based-on-folders/

Can you please check if and let me know if you have any questions?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Multiple Excel documents collate to master Excel document

Hi @BalletBob 

I can think of some, but it's tricky. Syncing is never easy, especially Excels, that can change all the time.

Here's another proposal to think about. You can have SharePoint lists with filtered information per person/area and have a view where you can see all the data. You can even format it, so that it looks as close as possible to the Excels of each person. 

To achieve this, you can create a SharePoint list based on folders and provide permissions to each person to see their folder. Then you would have your master list with all the information.

We've successfully applied this in my job where the regional manager had a global view, and each area manager would only view their information.

Here's how to do it

https://manueltgomes.com/microsoft/sharepoint/create-a-list-based-on-folders/

Can you please check if and let me know if you have any questions?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,241)