Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCop93
Frequent Visitor

Multiple excel rows in one email flow throws an error

Hey,

I am planning on implementing the follwing flow:

1) show excel table -> 2) send one email with several rows to the recipient (this is the hard part!) 

I have taken instructioctions from here

Unfortunately the author of the flow is no longer active on the forum (last active in February '21). As a result, could you advise? 

The full picture of the flow edition is here:

Spoiler
TCop93_0-1630674525577.png

TCop93_1-1630674548794.png

TCop93_2-1630674580896.png

Could I have your support in finding a solution for what I've basically copy+pasted from the flow in the link provided?

I have, carefully, checked each step, trying to make this instruction to work for two days now and I'm being extremely annoyed with it as it doesn't want to work. Why?

This is the error I receive:

Spoiler
TCop93_0-1630668735683.png

The translation of the error is here:

Unable to parse template language expressions for "Apply_to_every_2" action on row "1" and column "20567": "The template language function parameter" union "must be a comma-separated list of arrays or objects. The function was called with parameters of type "String". Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#union for details on use. ”.

Sadly, I am unable to change the language settings due to the organizational rules. Sorry for that.

I would like to add, that I checked the union function and it's all same as per your instruction 

union(variables('Email'),variables('Email'))

So, I don't understand why the error message pops up while igniting the flow. I do not receive any error at the edition stage. No warnings, etc.
Spoiler
TCop93_2-1630669096819.png

Could you advise kindly? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TCop93
Frequent Visitor

The flow is working now. I have just copy+pasted the formula the a new flow - and it worked. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@TCop93 

Can you please change your union formula to below

union(array(variables('Email')),array(variables('Email')))

variables('Email') - stand for the Email variable that you have created in the flow, you can change the variable name if you notice error in the formula. 

This change is required because the union function requires a minimum of two parameters to be passed and both have to be array/object values. In the formula that you have shared you are passing two string values due to which the flow is failing with an error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the information shared helps you in resolving the issue, please consider giving a thumbs up👍 and mark solution as resolved

TCop93
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Gopala_Krishna 

I have double checked the flow, and I have selected the wrong variable option due to bad translation to Polish. I have changed that and the flow is working.

However... I am now receiving hundreds of emails per person. I have checked the flow carefully, and it is all according to the instructions from the reference post. 

TCop93
Frequent Visitor

The flow is working now. I have just copy+pasted the formula the a new flow - and it worked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (4,070)