cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nu_Flow
Level: Power Up

Multiple notifications being sent

I have a flow that is checking the modified date and if X time has elapsed it issues a notification to the last user to modify the document.

At the moment it looks at the list and sends a notification per document that has hit the time limit.

Is there a way for a single notification to be issued and include a list of all document that fit the criteria?

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Multiple notifications being sent

Hi Nu_Flow,

I think your purpose is to send a notification to the last user of all the documents which have  elapsed  the X time.

I have made a flow for your scenario, please check it for a reference.

I assume that if the file has not been modified for 3 days, it will send a notification.

You can change the X time as you want.

The expression of filter array is:

@less(addDays(item()?['Modified'],3,'yyyy-MM-dd'),formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd'))

3.png

Best regards,

Zhonys

Nu_Flow
Level: Power Up

Thank you, this looks like it would do what I am aiming to do but can I just confirm if I have multiple files with time elasped that only 1 notification will be sent listing all those files?

Also can you please confirm what you use as the input for the first step "manaully trigger a flow"?

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi Nu_Flow,

First, as you said, you want  to send a notification to the last user. I think the last user are different people, so you can't just send 1 notification to all the people you want.

Second, there is nothing you need to put in the "manaully trigger a flow". For a test, I used the  "manaully trigger a flow", you can change the trigger you want for your scenario.

Please feel free post back if you need more help.

Best regards,

Zhonys

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,212)