cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multiple possible steps in one workflow

I'm trying to recreate a workflow we have in our SharePoint on Prem environment inside of Power Automate.  Basically it looks like this:

If a new file is created in Folder A, then copy it to Folder X,

else if a new file is created in folder B, then copy it to folder Y,

else if a new file is created in folder C, then copy it to folder Z

I've been able to make a flow to copy files from one folder to another on a different site but I can't do else if statements and I don't know if I'm just missing something or if I will really have to create a different flow for each folder that I need this to apply to.

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Multiple possible steps in one workflow

@hlbminor you could have a condition after your When a file is created (properties only) trigger: folder path is equal to then your folder path. If no you'd have another condition to check the next folder path and so on. 

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Multiple possible steps in one workflow

Hello @RobElliott !

I tried this out but it's now saying "false" at the condition even when I'm adding the test file to the correct location. I think I'm not understanding the folder path, is it not just a link to the folder?

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,597)