cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjaryder1st
Helper III
Helper III

My PowerAutomate Flow cancels even though I've met Boolean criteria for "true" for the Has column changed control after a trigger for when a file/item is updated

My trigger is When an Item or File is modified, I have a "get item properties only" with ID and Token Start/Token End in my trigger windows.
After getting the a "true" response, my flow is canceling at the control for "Has column changed: Initial Interview Scheduled?" noting the test flow response does mark the input and output for column change as "true".

Any idea why this boolean control response for "has column changed: initial interview scheduled" property is canceling the flow even though boolean output response matches "true"?

Get Item Properties Canceled Flow.JPGGet Item Properties Flow Plan.JPGGet Item Properites True cancelation..JPG

9 REPLIES 9
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@ninjaryder1st The condition should have worked, why are you checking "has column changed: initial interview scheduled" instead of just "initial interview scheduled" or you could also just initialize variable and set default value to true and check it the column value.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hello @jinivthakkar ,

I was checking "has column changed: initial interview scheduled" as a control because I needed to pickup when I later changed that column item from blank or no, to "yes", which I understand uses versioning to check the column for a change based on my trigger "file or item modified".    

I'm not quite sure how to "just initialize variable nd set default value to true and check it the column value".   Is this using dynamic properties in some way?   What connectors would I need for this?

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@ninjaryder1st please see this, I have set default value to "Yes" and then value of column with variable in condition.

jinivthakkar_0-1612535071532.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

ninjaryder1st
Helper III
Helper III

Hello @jinivthakkar ,

Thank you for offering this new tool/connector.   Shall I place this after my trigger "item of file modified"?   And do I still need the "get item properties only" step as well?   I don't yet understand where to place the "initialize variable and its condition" in my flow, and if all other flow parameters should remain as is..   thank you!

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@ninjaryder1st please check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvmi21KomK0

This will help you understand how to use the connector and implement your logic.

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@ninjaryder1st and yes you can initialize the variable before and after get item properties just check the condition.

I hope you will spend some time in learning power automate and figure this out.

Thank you for sharing @jinivthakkar though this video didn't help as I already had the flow built the exact same way as demonstrated by Ms. Dunham in her video, noting I had versioning turned on.  

1) When item or file modified

2) Get items (properties only) with ID, and Start token/Stop token defined as in the video.  

3) Control "has column changed: new interview scheduled?'  which was set to "true" \

As I tried to demonstrate w/ screen shots in my original post,  the flow reports "true" from step 2 above, and the control in step 3 above is set for "true" but the flow cancels..     It should not cancel.      I also didn't learn how to use "initialize variable' tool into a flow from this video.   

I certainly will spend time in learning power automate, as I've already created several complicated flows for "Items created" and "items or files modified"..    I'm interesting in understanding why PowerAutomate is canceling a flow based on my "item change trigger" and the "get item properties only" step set to "true" noting the flow reports "true" in the test section, though the flow is canceled for no reason.    According to the video resource, I have this built correctly, but don't understand why a "true" condition is being canceled.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,658)