cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ifarmsafe
Level: Powered On

Mysql ID field required

I have an on premises gateway working as intended.

However even with a primary key (auto increment, unique) in my mysql table, when I use mysql in ms flow it asks for an "ID" value in which the ID column is the primary key in the mysql table.

I have tried index, null, no null, removing and adding the primary column etc and ms flow still asks for an ID value.

What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Mysql ID field required

Hi @ifarmsafe,

It requires the row ID in the Get Row action:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/mysql/#get-row 

Also, you can have a test using the Get rows action to check the output.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ifarmsafe

Apologies but I dont understand.

When attempting to add a row to a mysql table it does not recognise the primary key column and displays that field with a red dot so I have no choice but to enter a value when in MS Flow (that will not work because once the data is sent to the table, it will produce an error because of the auto increment interger is to be created by mysql). I can see the table and all is well in MS Flow but I cant get MS Flow to ignore the primary column that is auto indexed.

ifarmsafe

This is frustrating.

So I get rows mysql. Add the Row_ID from that to insert row mysql (same table) and I get a duplicate primary error.

I cant see how it is possible to use the primary column of the table when adding data to a mysql table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,547)