cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

NO DYNAMIC CONTENT AVAILABLE on excel

Hi,

I was doing this flow when I got into this issue.

the dynamic content shows on selective fields. When I select Title, the contents coming from the Get a Row, will be available. However, if I select "CS_Score", it says no dynamic content. Same happens with "NPS_Score". "Scoredate" is good, It will show the dynamic contents.

flow1.jpgflow2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@gilbertwong11 

Please use the expressions for the fields as below:

body('Get_a_row')['value'][0]?['TITLE']

Please change the field names.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@gilbertwong11 

In your SharePoint list, if you created a column as Number and if you do not format your column in Excel as Number, you may not see the column in the Dynamic Content section. 

Its purely mismatch of data type between the SharePoint list column and excel column data type.

Now, to check this, check the data type of the sharepoint list column CS_Score. I am assuming it may be number field. If you see CScore in excel file, it may be text column. Due to that, you are not able to see the CScore column in the dynamic content. Format your excel columns with similar data types as your SharePoint list columns and then, give a try.

If you run into further questions, post here.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted

flow3.jpg

The data type on list is number and shown as %, I tried number and percentage on excel but both dont show 

Highlighted

@gilbertwong11

In the Create Item action, for CS Score field, you need to use an expression as below:

body('Get_a_row')?['Cscore']

Give a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted Solution. Marking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted

didnt work

flow4jpg.jpg

Highlighted

@gilbertwong11 

You did not place the expression properly.

Place the cursor inside the field and then select Expression tab. Then, place the expression as shown in the below screenshot:

3.JPG

Give a try and let me know if you still run into the issue.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

Highlighted

no bugs, however, when I tried to execute the flow, it seems not getting all info from excel. what I did is do another experiment.

To check if all is working, I created a simple List with 4 columns all text type, created an excel with 4 text columns as well and put it into table. then created the flow to get the info from excel and insert it to the list with if excel file is modified as trigger. The flow was executed when the excel was modified, but all fields are empty.

flow5.jpg

Highlighted

@gilbertwong11 

Can you share the flow in Edit mode to see how these fields are assigned?

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

Highlighted

since all data types are text, dynamic content showed on all fields

flow6.jpg

Highlighted

@gilbertwong11 

Please use the expressions for the fields as below:

body('Get_a_row')['value'][0]?['TITLE']

Please change the field names.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,847)