Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJGreyling
Helper III
Helper III

Navigating CONDITION obstacles

Good day,
I am busy trying a flow that will create SharePoint list items from a excel table; about 80,000 items. 
The flow failed because some SharePoint list columns expect to see a value from the table but the value from the cell in the table might be blank. There are three columns in the table that is affected.

Condition statements in the flow might take much longer as I have to check for all possible conditions:
If Cell A, B and C are blank, run this.
If Cell A is blank but B and C are not, run this.
if Cell B is blank but A and C are not, run this.
Etc.

How can I make this easy?
Would it help if I change the list column format to single line of text, run the flow, and then change the list column format back to number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

@MJGreyling then it's fine to use it in a such way.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

@MJGreyling Second option is good to use, if you're sure you will be only putting number in that column.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Yeah, it looks like it is running like that.

Shuvam-rpa
Super User
Super User

@MJGreyling then it's fine to use it in a such way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,624)