cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcustancers
Regular Visitor

Need Help: Using gallery in PowerApps to copy files into new location

I am trying to use a gallery in PowerApps to show the user a list of templates with a check box control.  The idea is to have the user select 1 or more items in the gallery using the checkbox, then run a ForAll for the gallery items, and if the box is check, run a flow to copy that template to an existing folder in the library.  This is part of a business workflow where depending on the job type the are certain document templates that should be populated in the folder for the user to use as templates, preferably with the naming format defined by the job parameters.  This PowerApps piece is working, and i am calling the flow, passing in the ID (integer) of the template document in the library along with the destination path (string).  The flow fails at the copy file phase with an ambiguous message: 

jcustancers_0-1595302293457.png

I suspect that I am not passing in the correct parameters to the Copy File action, but I am at a loss here.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcustancers
Regular Visitor

I added a Get File properties action and can confirm i am getting the right info,   the issue I had is that I was passing it the ID of the file to copy when it really wanted the Full Path.  The 'File Identifier' for "File to Copy" note through me off 😞

jcustancers_0-1595305623396.png

I think I'm good now, but too much time behind the keyboard.  Thanks all.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jcustancers
Regular Visitor

I added a Get File properties action and can confirm i am getting the right info,   the issue I had is that I was passing it the ID of the file to copy when it really wanted the Full Path.  The 'File Identifier' for "File to Copy" note through me off 😞

jcustancers_0-1595305623396.png

I think I'm good now, but too much time behind the keyboard.  Thanks all.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,263)