cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astrontelstar
Helper III
Helper III

Need Help with HTML Dynamic Link in HTML built Table using Power Automate

So I have a working automation that iterates through records and builds an HTML table to send in an e-mail to my associates.  One of the database fields is named tracking number and reflects the tracking number either FedX or UPS.  I would like the end result HMTL table to have a dynamic hyperlink so the report recipient could just click on the link and go directly to the UPS or FedX page.

I setup a variable like so:

astrontelstar_0-1641223425999.png

Later, I run through all of the Open Orders and try to Append the URL link and the variable together to get the hyperlink.

astrontelstar_1-1641223523361.png

This is the final output and I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong - 

astrontelstar_2-1641223613875.png

I need the dynamic link to be inside the string.

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @astrontelstar,

Check if this helps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnWg-Eox37Q

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @astrontelstar,

Check if this helps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnWg-Eox37Q

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Reza,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out.  Yes, your video solves the main issue!  One question that plagues me with my particular issue.... when my users put in the tracking number into a string record, in powerApps I look at the string and if it contains a "Z" I change the URL to a UPS URL, if not, I assume a FedX number and change the URL to a FedX lookup URL.  As I am in PowerAutomate, Once I've done my Query with an ODATA query to reduce down the records, I'd like to iterate through the records and build the appropriate variable string to use in my final report.  Is there a video of yours that demonstrates the easiest way to iterate through the results of a query and set a variable before I need to use it in building the final HTML report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,245)