cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beilermse
Level: Powered On

Need Ideas for SharePoint data and automating with Flow

Hi,

This is a fairly broad question which could perhaps cover SharePoint, Flow, and/or Powerapps. We are building an ERP system using our SharePoint online as a foundation. Currently we are using the below excel format for personnel utilization and I am looking for ideas on how to replicate this data in SharePoint (probably using lists?). Once a month, a manager will enter their estimates for each person for each project. Employees are also added and taken off this spreadsheet irregularly. Currently the manual process includes copying the columns from last month into blank fields. I would like to autmoate this using flow to automatically create a new set of columns each month for that month (if this is possible). And I would use flow to add or remove projects and employees using other forms that already exist. My biggest hurdles are how do I store this data, so that managers can enter it similar to how they would enter it using excel. I am open to creating a PowerApp or InfoPath form, but I don't want them to need to click through too many screens and the PowerApp or form would also have to change dynamically when new projects and employees are added and removed. Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Need Ideas for SharePoint data and automating with Flow

I sounds as though you had intended to provide an example of how the dtat is currently stored in Excel but I din't see it.  Can you post what the data looks like?

Also, havve you considered using Project Online or leveraging the integration features of the Project desktop application with SharePoint?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
beilermse
Level: Powered On

Re: Need Ideas for SharePoint data and automating with Flow

The attached image appears to me.  I'll post a direct link.

http://i68.tinypic.com/220qo9.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 184 members 6,310 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: