cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonlhg

Need help with updating of master list from 6 different lists using flow

Hi,

I am encountering one problem while using Microsoft Flow for SharePoint custom lists.

I have 6 lists with same columns/fields flowing into the 'masterData' as shown below:

Capture.PNG

As new data flow into masterData from the respective lists, the unique 'ID' will increase.

at the same time I used microsoft flow to carry the "ListTS" 'ID' into the masterData as childlist ID shown below, thinking at the back of my mind, when the child List require update, it will need this column relationship to identify which row to be updated

Capture1.PNG

When there is some modification that require amendments, i am updating my Lists TS1,

but to update the item, microsoft flow only allows me to select the unique ID from the masterData's ID, which is not there no relationship with the child List ID,

as the it suppose to pick up Child list ID '1' from TS1 instead of masterData ID '48'

Capture3.PNG

Not sure if i make sense, anyone is able to advise on this?

Many thanks!

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jasonlhg,

Do you want to insert the item from the six lists into masterData, and when the items in the six lists change, the corresponding item in masterData should also be changed?

If follow your idea, in update item action, configure Child list ID, this ID is actually inaccurate, can not really determine which item needs to be updated.

If you want to determine which item you need to update, you could use the Team and child ID fields.

Since the child ID is unique among the corresponding lists, you can use Get items-Filter query to get the item ID in masterData.

Image reference:

35.PNG

In addition to the Id, Team, child ID is the output of the Get items, and the rest are the Dynamic content output from trigger.

36.PNG

Please take a try and let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jasonlhg,

Do you want to insert the item from the six lists into masterData, and when the items in the six lists change, the corresponding item in masterData should also be changed?

If follow your idea, in update item action, configure Child list ID, this ID is actually inaccurate, can not really determine which item needs to be updated.

If you want to determine which item you need to update, you could use the Team and child ID fields.

Since the child ID is unique among the corresponding lists, you can use Get items-Filter query to get the item ID in masterData.

Image reference:

35.PNG

In addition to the Id, Team, child ID is the output of the Get items, and the rest are the Dynamic content output from trigger.

36.PNG

Please take a try and let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jasonlhg

Hi Barry,

Thanks for taking your time to response to my qeury.

I am almost getting there,

however my flow encoutner an error as follow:

message": "Column ' child_x0020_ID' does not exist

Capture.PNG

I checked my masterData has the column "child ID" same as the listTS1

however i double checked i the naming of my column ID is as above?

Thanks

J

Hi Barry,

I changed the all the column name without spacing in-between and it works now.

You have been a great help to me.

Thank you so much!

Jason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,348)