cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Need suggestions approval wf multi approval 1st response

Hi All,

I want to build an approval wf which is required 3 level approvals at each level there are multiple approvers and if anyone responds from group it should move ahead.
Another ask is at 3rd level ,approver signs doc and need to upload signed doc. There is no scope for Adobe sign ( as they don't want pay for license ) so how this step can be can be designed for ease from user perspective. Users don't want to leave outlook application want everything done thru emails ( no Ms teams ).
I already tried approval center method where it sends email with approval center link but the issue is if 1st approver from group respond there's no way for others users to check if it's awaiting for action until they go-to approval center. There's also confusion as it doesn't show to the task ,it's removed from approval center for others if anyone answered.

I want to have something like adaptive cards which should update itself but users are using outlook 2013,2016 ,pro plus not plus I think for adaptive cards in outlook it require some permissions I believe.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Need suggestions approval wf multi approval 1st response

@maheshkhisteLiv 

You can have adaptive cards for approvals in outlook as well.

You can use the action cards Create an approval to use the action cards and specify the user names in there. An action card with approval will be shared to those users and once an user responds on the approval request the card automatically gets updated with the information.

Steps to achieve actionable messages for approvalsSteps to achieve actionable messages for approvals

You can refer to the documentation for more information on actionable messages in outlook.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/actionable-messages/

If this information helps you, please hit the like button and mark the solution as resolved, so that it will help other users in future.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need suggestions approval wf multi approval 1st response

Thanks but I initially thought about it but it requires registration of actionable service in exchange online,also it won't work on outlook 2013 , some older 2016 versions.
Any other alternatives?
Also suggest an idea for level 3 where user needs to upload file after signing , any suggestions for it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,496)