cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kavya2
Frequent Visitor

Need to restrict email address to have only one @ symbol in powerapps forms

hi @VDS_Mantra 

I am using below formula to validate an email in power apps forms but its not working. My motive is to throw error when some one enters in below format abc@gmail@yahoo.com

Kindly help !

Kavya2_0-1620843887448.png

If(And(IsMatch(DataCardValue7.Text,Email),Not(Find("(",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find(")",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find(",",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find(":",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find("<",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find(">",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find("[",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find("]",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find("\",DataCardValue7.Text)>0),Not(Find("@",DataCardValue7.Text)>2)),"Its a valid email address","Error! Enter a valid email address")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

@Kavya2 try this ...

IsMatch(Result,"[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,}")

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

@Kavya2 try this ...

IsMatch(Result,"[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,}")

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

View solution in original post

No, its not working!

Hi @Kavya2 

You'll have to be more specific with your feedback.  The above uses a regular expression which you can test here:

https://regex101.com/r/q36qx3/1

I cannot create emails with multiple @'s using this. 

Cheers,
Damien

When I used your solution in powerapps, its not allowing to save the formula itself. Error as below. Please help.

Kavya2_0-1620898352305.png

Sharuk
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @Kavya2 , you need to wrap the formula given by @DamoBird365  with if , something like
if(Not(IsMatch(Result,"[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,}")),"Enter Valid Address")

Kavya2
Frequent Visitor

Yes, its worked now. 

Used the formula as below :

If(Not(IsMatch(DataCardValue5.Text,"[a-zA-Z0-9._-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9._-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,}")), "Error! Enter a valid email address", "Valid email address")

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,055)