Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echodapogi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Need to send email message after 25 days of Last Job

Team, 

I need help on figuring out this Flow. I have a field called "LastDateJob". I need to send email notification 25 days after the last date job. The trigger is the following steps. 

1. When new file is created in Sharepoint list

2. User will enter the "LastDateJob" value. example 4/16/2021

3. I need to send out email message 25 days after this "LastDateJob" saying "Thank you for your service"

Note: I am using "Delay until" function (not sure if this is right function to use)

Please help. don't know how can i achieve this. i tried several expressions but i encounter some errors. 

echodapogi_0-1618585131391.png

Thanks in advance

echo

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@echodapogi 

The issue with your approach is that a Flow cannot run for more than 30 days.  I suspect that you'll want the email to go out more than 30 days after the file is created.  A better way would be to use a Recurrence trigger that fires every day.  Then, use a Get files - properties only action with a query filter.  I will create an example and post here.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@echodapogi 

See my example below and let me know if you have any questions.  The expression that I used is in the comments.  Take note of the single quotes around the expression and the date format.

image.pngimage.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott, 

I will try the example you provided. Apply it in my flow. I will let you know if this is successful in my case. 

thank you so much for your input. 

Echo

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (82,677)