cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AmyBabinchak
Level: Powered On

Need to stop a flow from firing if the item in SP is modified by someone other than the creater

I have a flow in SharePoint that when the creator makes a new entry in the list one of two emails are sent depending on the entry. That works fine. The next step in our workflow is that another person goes in and updates the item in the list. However, this triggers the first flow. So, I need to have a condition that says, if the person modifying the list item isn't the creator don't send the email. Ideas, please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Need to stop a flow from firing if the item in SP is modified by someone other than the creater

Hi @ AmyBabinchak,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

You could add a condition under the trigger to check if the item's "created by" is the same as the item's "modified by".

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

When an item is modified by the creator, the flow would run successfully as below and would send the email:

Capture.PNG

When an item is modified by the another user and not the creator, the flow would run successfully as below and wouldn't send the email: 

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Need to stop a flow from firing if the item in SP is modified by someone other than the creater

Hi @ AmyBabinchak,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

You could add a condition under the trigger to check if the item's "created by" is the same as the item's "modified by".

You could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

When an item is modified by the creator, the flow would run successfully as below and would send the email:

Capture.PNG

When an item is modified by the another user and not the creator, the flow would run successfully as below and wouldn't send the email: 

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

AmyBabinchak
Level: Powered On

How do I add photos here? I can share what I'm doing. I had the same idea on the creator = modifier condition but I've got another layer in there and I'm not sure not how to manage that. Happy to show you where I'm stuck once I can figure out how to paste it into here.

Beat
Level 8

@AmyBabinchakin the Rich Text editor you should see an option

2018-04-17 12_43_01-Clipboard.png

Which I just used to insert that snippet now.

You cannot copy & paste an image (eg. a screen clipping) directly, but need to save it first, then upload it or drag&drop to the canvas. If you don't see the Photos option in the menu, try another browser maybe?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,682)