cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FacundoGorla
Level 8

Need to use another User's connections on a Flow

Hi, I'll give some context with my problem. 

I created a flow that uses Sharepoint, Exchange, o365 and Forms connections.

Now, I created it with an account that I want to disable/erase in the future. 

I already shared the Flow to another account but it still uses my Connections and I'm not able to add Connections to that flow in particular. 

I know that from "Connections" you can add another account connections but that won't add them to the flow I want to.

I tested and if MY account (the one that created the flow) loses the permission to SharePoint or gets disabled the Flow stops working even if it's shared with another user that can use and acces all the Application/sites/files used in the Flow.

In less words: the connections of a Flow can't be changed, they can be removed but can't add specific ones.

Any ideas/help with this?

Also tried to delete my connections, add someone's else and THEN create the flow but still doesn't take them into account.

@Flowinsight 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Need to use another User's connections on a Flow

@FacundoGorla 

You can, in fact, add connections for anther user and switch the actions to use the new connection.  You'll need to know the new users email and password.  You can do this eother from the Flow design environment or from the connections screen.  Clcik on Add a new connection.  When the screen appears to specify an account, it will default to you - the current user.  Click on "Use another account" and provide the email and password.  If you do this from the connections screen, you'll still need to go back to every action and switch the connection from your account to the new connection that you created.  You'll likely have to create a number of connections - one for each connection type used.

NewConnection.jpg

Also, you'll probably want to add the new user as a co-owner of the Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FacundoGorla
Level 8

The only solution I find is to create a flow with the account wich Connections I want to use and then Share it with the account that I want to create the flow with.

Super User
Super User

@FacundoGorla 

You can, in fact, add connections for anther user and switch the actions to use the new connection.  You'll need to know the new users email and password.  You can do this eother from the Flow design environment or from the connections screen.  Clcik on Add a new connection.  When the screen appears to specify an account, it will default to you - the current user.  Click on "Use another account" and provide the email and password.  If you do this from the connections screen, you'll still need to go back to every action and switch the connection from your account to the new connection that you created.  You'll likely have to create a number of connections - one for each connection type used.

NewConnection.jpg

Also, you'll probably want to add the new user as a co-owner of the Flow.

Scott

View solution in original post

FacundoGorla
Level 8

Oh, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! It's a little tedious to go action by action but since I already have the flow working I think I'll do that.

How would you do this kind of implementation or what's the recomended one?

I think creating the flow with the user that I want to use connections, then adding myself as a Owner and work the flow from there. 

This is because I have a temporary account on my client organization and that account may be erased once the implementation is finished.

Super User
Super User

I suggest creating the Flows when using the "permanent account" and adding your temp account as an owner.

Scott
BTbearings
Level: Powered On

I am doing exactly this process, but when I switch the connections (i.e. switching from the original owner's connection to the new co-owner's), many of the contents/settings I have in the fields of the action get erased.  Can I stop this from happening?

For instance, when I change the "Add a row into a table" action that is connected to Excel Online, I lose everything I had for each of the columns.  It keeps the top few fields (Location, Document library, File, and Table), but everything else is now blank.

Is there a way to switch the connection without losing this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (6,049)