cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsarnold
Level 8

New Error: Outlook Send Email - "Send as" - 403 Forbidden

I have a basic email flow that quit working last week.

Error says I am not autohrized to send email on behalf of the account. I have permission to "Read/manage", "send as", and "send on behalf".

Capture1111.PNGCapture1112.PNG

Anyone know how to fix this other than removing the "Send as" email so the reports come from my email?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: New Error: Outlook Send Email - "Send as" - 403 Forbidden

Thanks for this info - we had a Flow with an email address not followed by a semi-colon that was succeeding until earlier this month - it suddenly started failing. I added the semi-colon and now it works again. Strange that it worked before, but glad it is working now. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jsarnold,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to send emails on behalf of other mailbox using the "Send an email" action?

The error message told that your account that you use to create a connection to the "Send an email" action is not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account within your "Send an email" action. 

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:21.JPG

Note: Within "From (Send as)" field, type the email address that you want to send on behalf of and ends with a semicolon (;).

The flow works successfully as below:22.JPG

Please check if your email address account (that you use to create a connection to the "Send an email" action) has been assigned "Send as" or "Send on behalf of" permission to the specific email address that you filled within the From (Send as) field.

In addition, please check if the email address that you filled within the From (Send as) field ends with a semicolon (;). 

The user @Kcronic has faced same issue with you, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Having-and-issue-with-the-error-quot-You-are-not-aut...

More details about sending an email on behalf of another user, please check the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/give-mailbox-permissions-to-another-user-in-office-365-admi...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks for this info - we had a Flow with an email address not followed by a semi-colon that was succeeding until earlier this month - it suddenly started failing. I added the semi-colon and now it works again. Strange that it worked before, but glad it is working now. 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 160 members 5,558 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: