cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Error: Outlook Send Email - "Send as" - 403 Forbidden

I have a basic email flow that quit working last week.

Error says I am not autohrized to send email on behalf of the account. I have permission to "Read/manage", "send as", and "send on behalf".

Capture1111.PNGCapture1112.PNG

Anyone know how to fix this other than removing the "Send as" email so the reports come from my email?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for this info - we had a Flow with an email address not followed by a semi-colon that was succeeding until earlier this month - it suddenly started failing. I added the semi-colon and now it works again. Strange that it worked before, but glad it is working now. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to send emails on behalf of other mailbox using the "Send an email" action?

The error message told that your account that you use to create a connection to the "Send an email" action is not authorized to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account within your "Send an email" action. 

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:21.JPG

Note: Within "From (Send as)" field, type the email address that you want to send on behalf of and ends with a semicolon (;).

The flow works successfully as below:22.JPG

Please check if your email address account (that you use to create a connection to the "Send an email" action) has been assigned "Send as" or "Send on behalf of" permission to the specific email address that you filled within the From (Send as) field.

In addition, please check if the email address that you filled within the From (Send as) field ends with a semicolon (;). 

The user @Kcronic has faced same issue with you, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/Having-and-issue-with-the-error-quot-You-are-not-authorized-to/m-p/91524/highlight/true#M2513

More details about sending an email on behalf of another user, please check the following article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/give-mailbox-permissions-to-another-user-in-office-365-admin-help-1dbcf12f-a9de-4d1d-b0b3-a227f8a736d8#bkmk_sendbehalflanotheruser

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for this info - we had a Flow with an email address not followed by a semi-colon that was succeeding until earlier this month - it suddenly started failing. I added the semi-colon and now it works again. Strange that it worked before, but glad it is working now. 🙂

This solution work, very helpful cause I get same problem when send email from PowerApps form only miss semicolon ";"

drummer
Helper II
Helper II

This semi-colon didn't work for me. How do we use send as for outlook email send from someone other than flow owner? I am able to get e.g. owner record email to "send to" but not send on behalf of? Our owners are users with email verification to send on behalf - e.g. dynamics 365 bulk email works and workflows for these users but unfamiliar with how to send as for power automate. 

Any help to understand is appreciated.

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Create a service account for your flow and assign send as rights.

See https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Sending-email-as-From-Send-as-issue/m-p/3...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
drummer
Helper II
Helper II

So it would be helpful to outline if possible:
1). Users to be the send from (I don't want to add them in O365 as they can send on my or someone's behalf) - so does this mean we need licensing (if so what)
2). If a service users - does this require a license (if so what). 

Ty.  I'm just getting going with power automate and it's a steep learning curve from workflows...ty for the help, community has been great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,451)