cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MathMarvel

New flows performing batched runs

Wondering if anyone has insight on the behavior we witnessed. We have a known good flow and needed another similar one created, so I copied it and changed the needed variables. Had it setup near EOD Wednesday, and everything was working as expected. Thursday morning, however, it ran once, and then did not run again until near EOD Thursday. It was not being triggered at all during the busy part of the day, and nothing was changed to the flow during this time. Since then, the new flow looks to be triggering correctly, and all of the expected runs today, Friday, are accounted for.

With the known good flow, I noticed that around the time the new one was not being triggered, the good one was performing its runs in batches. My question is do new flows require some time to be updated on Microsoft's end before they will perform batched runs? If this is the case, it would be nice to know for the future so we don't have to go on a wild goose chase looking for problems that aren't there.

2 REPLIES 2
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@MathMarvel 

are you using scheduled flow? if it is a scheduled flow then check your start time of flow.

There is max lag of 5 to 10 min in new flows.

Thanks

Hardesh

The flow is not scheduled. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It uses the "When a new email arrives (V3)" trigger. There was a six hour window where the new flow did not trigger, and it has since been working as expected. A similar flow was triggering during this six hour window, performing its runs in batches. We would like to know if new flows need some time to be updated on Microsoft's end before they will perform batched runs, or if there is some other issue at play.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,244)