cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notesguru99

New to Power Automate - what is the best way to control its use?

Hi All,

Just started to play around with PA and am about to start creating some internal workflows, replacing legacy software.  However before I go live with my flows I had a few queries so I wondered if you could help?

How do you manage who can create flows? I noticed that when I create a flow that will use a form to populate a list for example, and then send an approval, my name is all over the flow - yet I wasn't the person who made the request.  I read that this has something to do with phishing protection but it makes the notifications from the approvals a bit messy.   As a workaround I have created a separate user called 'PA BOT' and log in as this user to create all the flows so then it is a generic name not a user name if that makes sense?

Also, AIU if a user creates a load of flows, doesn't share them, then leaves the company, we delete the user, we lose the flows.  How do you get around this issue?  I don't want folk working in silos but I don't want to stifle innovation either!  Any way to manage who/where all the flows are and can you even back them up automatically?

TIA 

Stuart

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,989)