cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDJHUD
Regular Visitor

Newbie question - Flows for team, not just one person

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and to Power Automate in general.  I have been experimenting and am getting the hand of it. I am trying to build a capability that I will use for not only myself, but for my entire team.  I am creating a flow (or several flows) to monitor a SharePoint list for new rows, create a new SharePoint folder for each new entry (based on the title), and then create some tasks (either in Outlook or using Planner, haven't decided yet) for my team to perform.  As I go through and am creating the flow it's creating the connections using my credentials.  When I get done creating the flows do I just need to add the other members of my team as "owners" which then makes the flows "team flows"?  Or does it matter if they are or are not owners?  I mean, anyone from my team will be able to add new rows the SharePoint list and they'll have access to the document libraries, so I assume the flows will just run under my credentials and there won't be any issues?  Any tips or advice? 

Thanks, Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jcook
MVP

Hello @RDJHUD 

As long as the user who is triggering the Flow has the correct permissions like SharePoint. Than everything will work.

what is your trigger?

Depending on your trigger there will be additional settings for your actions. Click the 3 dots on an action like a SharePoint action and see if there is an option called ‘Run as user who triggered’.

Again this option is not needed. As long as the users are added to the appropriate SharePoint sites and have permission to do the actions inside flow. You do not need to make the users owners of the Flow

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jcook
MVP

Hello @RDJHUD 

As long as the user who is triggering the Flow has the correct permissions like SharePoint. Than everything will work.

what is your trigger?

Depending on your trigger there will be additional settings for your actions. Click the 3 dots on an action like a SharePoint action and see if there is an option called ‘Run as user who triggered’.

Again this option is not needed. As long as the users are added to the appropriate SharePoint sites and have permission to do the actions inside flow. You do not need to make the users owners of the Flow

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

RDJHUD
Regular Visitor

Thanks @Jcook .  I am using different triggers.  One is to monitor a folder for a file.  I plan to monitor a list for change too.  Thanks for the tip for "Run as user..."...that's useful.  

Much appreciated.

Randy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,564)