cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bplives
Regular Visitor

Newbie seeking some guidance for AI Builder and Power Automate

Hello there. I have just discovered this amazing world of AI Builder and Power Automate. So I have a time-consuming task I would like to make automated. In my head my task is rather simple but after many hours of trying it is not looking to be that way. I am sure user error. 

The Project

My business gets 7-8 page PDF quotes from our business partners. I want to take the data in the 7-8 pages (which is basically a table of data with line items, product, price and how many units. I want to pull all the various line items into a new Excel sheet. When I get a new quote I want to drop it into a designated folder, which will be the trigger for the Power Automate to pull the data my AI Builder has been taught and then place it into a new Excel file. 

Progress 
I have used AI Builder and used the extract custom information from documents model. I have selected 5 separate quotes with the same format and selected all the info and created the custom table for the info I want. Each quote has the same format and same itemized structure with different line items that I want to place into a new excel document. 

Problem 1

When I am using the Ai builder and tested with a quote PDF it is ONLY doing the first page of the quote and not all the pages? How do I get it to scan all the pages and give me all the extracted data? I do not see a choice when I created the AI model to do multiple pages? 

single page table.png

Problem 2

The first problem could be directly contributing to my second problem regarding Power Automate. The MSFT article I was using for the power automate was this one: Create an automated workflow using invoice processing - Learn | Microsoft Docs. This seemed very close to what I want to do. However when I get to the section Write the data to excel step in the link above it doesn't let me fill in the row into the table I created. In the example it shows the four items from the invoice. But when I select my first item it changes the step to a Apple to each function and I am not sure if this is because I have an itemized table entry? 

my example.png

sample.png

I can't imagine what I am trying to accomplish is out of the realm of AI Builder and Power Automate...I am just looking for some solution to get over these hurdles. Thanks for your time. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,111)