cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digital Resolver I
Resolver I

No CDS trigger for when a new record is OR when a new record is updated. How to get around this?

I can't find a CDS trigger in Flow equivalent to the SharePoint ‘When an item is created or modified’ trigger. Can I just use two separate triggers i.e. When a record is created AND When a record is updated?

I need to reference columns of the newly created/updated record later in the Flow. Can I just reference both and one will win out as it were?

Or should I just duplicate the Flow with the two different triggers?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: No CDS trigger for when a new record is OR when a new record is updated. How to get around this?

Hi @Digital 

There are no single trigger for created or modified similar like SharePoint. It would have been good 🙂 Like you mentioned the only option is create two separate flows. If you got similar logic then think about create two triggers and call a child flow for the common logic. Yes you will end up having 3 flows but your child flow will handle all the business logic for both flows.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Digital Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: No CDS trigger for when a new record is OR when a new record is updated. How to get around this?

I also posted this question in the PowerApps forum. Thanks to @v-siky-msft and @HSheild  for pointing out there is a trigger for when a record is created, updated or deleted.

To get this trigger you need to use the Common Data Service (current environment) connector.

Common Data Service ( Current Environment ) connector is only available inside of CDS solution, so you should first enter the solution, and then click New-Flow to create a flow inside the solution.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 20.45.52.png 

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @Digital 

There are no single trigger for created or modified similar like SharePoint. It would have been good 🙂 Like you mentioned the only option is create two separate flows. If you got similar logic then think about create two triggers and call a child flow for the common logic. Yes you will end up having 3 flows but your child flow will handle all the business logic for both flows.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Digital Resolver I
Resolver I

@abm , thanks, I'll investigate the child flow as the logic is identical. 

Highlighted
Digital Resolver I
Resolver I

I also posted this question in the PowerApps forum. Thanks to @v-siky-msft and @HSheild  for pointing out there is a trigger for when a record is created, updated or deleted.

To get this trigger you need to use the Common Data Service (current environment) connector.

Common Data Service ( Current Environment ) connector is only available inside of CDS solution, so you should first enter the solution, and then click New-Flow to create a flow inside the solution.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 20.45.52.png 

Super User
Super User

Hi @Digital 

Yes of course that is available via solutions. So confusing same two connectors. Thanks for pointing out this.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
ManishJain Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi ,

Are you looking for these options: Triggers.JPG

It is readily available in CDS(current) connector.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,302)