cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

No CDS trigger for when a new record is OR when a new record is updated. How to get around this?

I can't find a CDS trigger in Flow equivalent to the SharePoint ‘When an item is created or modified’ trigger. Can I just use two separate triggers i.e. When a record is created AND When a record is updated?

I need to reference columns of the newly created/updated record later in the Flow. Can I just reference both and one will win out as it were?

Or should I just duplicate the Flow with the two different triggers?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: No CDS trigger for when a new record is OR when a new record is updated. How to get around this?

Hi @Digital 

There are no single trigger for created or modified similar like SharePoint. It would have been good 🙂 Like you mentioned the only option is create two separate flows. If you got similar logic then think about create two triggers and call a child flow for the common logic. Yes you will end up having 3 flows but your child flow will handle all the business logic for both flows.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: No CDS trigger for when a new record is OR when a new record is updated. How to get around this?

I also posted this question in the PowerApps forum. Thanks to @v-siky-msft and @HSheild  for pointing out there is a trigger for when a record is created, updated or deleted.

To get this trigger you need to use the Common Data Service (current environment) connector.

Common Data Service ( Current Environment ) connector is only available inside of CDS solution, so you should first enter the solution, and then click New-Flow to create a flow inside the solution.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 20.45.52.png 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Digital 

There are no single trigger for created or modified similar like SharePoint. It would have been good 🙂 Like you mentioned the only option is create two separate flows. If you got similar logic then think about create two triggers and call a child flow for the common logic. Yes you will end up having 3 flows but your child flow will handle all the business logic for both flows.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

@abm , thanks, I'll investigate the child flow as the logic is identical. 

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

I also posted this question in the PowerApps forum. Thanks to @v-siky-msft and @HSheild  for pointing out there is a trigger for when a record is created, updated or deleted.

To get this trigger you need to use the Common Data Service (current environment) connector.

Common Data Service ( Current Environment ) connector is only available inside of CDS solution, so you should first enter the solution, and then click New-Flow to create a flow inside the solution.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 20.45.52.png 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Digital 

Yes of course that is available via solutions. So confusing same two connectors. Thanks for pointing out this.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi ,

Are you looking for these options: Triggers.JPG

It is readily available in CDS(current) connector.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,033)