cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No Flow Mobile App for Windows Phones !

Am I being daft - or am I right that there is no Flow Mobile App for Windows Phones - only for Android and IOS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Re: No Flow Mobile App for Windows Phones !

Hi Paul, thank you for the feedback.

A Windows Universal App is on our backlog.No concrete timeline yet. Until supported via universal app, you can use flow on your phone via browser, since we've designed the Flow website to be responsive for these cases.

happy to hear further feedback from you.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi Paul, thank you for the feedback.

A Windows Universal App is on our backlog.No concrete timeline yet. Until supported via universal app, you can use flow on your phone via browser, since we've designed the Flow website to be responsive for these cases.

happy to hear further feedback from you.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Awesome because I'd definitely love Flow on my 950xl and as an app on our work desktops, sure browser based might be responsive but it'd still be a benefit having it standalone. 

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

got an iPhone, iOS is the best platform for running MS apps!

regards

J

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @Adi_Regev, I guess using the "manually trigger a flow" (button) is not an option for Windows Phone users then. Even in browser.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Am bummed by the fact that IFTTT doesn't have Windows Mobile support, but had seriously hoped that at least Microsoft would release apps for their own platform from the start. Total disappointment, more and more considering dumping my 950 and moving to iOS.

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

HI

Windows Phone is indeed in our plans and the Flow engineering team is working on support these days. we will be the first tp publish once this important support has been added, stay tuned for update on the matter. 

Thank you for the patience,

The Flow Product group. 

Highlighted

I don't think there is much patience after years of handling your own platform and users who believe in your strategy and products in such an unprofessional way. Hard enough to live with the barley existing support of third party developer's, but by MS itself? If you don't trust your own platform (and this is the message), why anybody else should? It seems you have no idea how much confidence you lose with decisions like this. And it seems you just don't care too much. 

Highlighted

Sigh! So hard to stay a Windows Mobile fan. I was at Ignite recently and at least 2 booth attendants tried to tell me MS was trying to get out of the phone business. I suggested they don't let the mobile guys hear them say that. 😞

Highlighted

Now, am I being daft? I set up a test flow using the send myself email after ten minutes triggered by flow button for mobile.

But it appears you cannot trigger that from the website and I am one of your unlucky fans that has Windows 10 mobile so it appears you workaround of using the website is not workable in this case.

Do you guys ever try the stuff you type? Anyone on the team have a windows phone???

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Rather than phone, it would make more sense to make a UWA instead and could have Flow on the desktop along with Xbox One.

To me it stinks its not on the desktop, when I'm sitting at my surface I find it **bleep** distracting to have your phone notifiations goes off, have to stop and pick up the phone, unlock, reply, then switch back to surface.

Wunderlist is a great example can add stuff on my iPhone, then when I'm using my Surface and update list without having to pickup my phone.

I like Flow and just started to use it, but while writing this 2 push notifications came in and I had to stop typing to check them.

Also be neat to have Cortana integration, etc. I mean Windows 10 and Windows Mobile 10 have been merged isnt the push notifiation service part of windows now?

Highlighted

Any updates/time lines further on this ?

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi Srikanth

Thank you for the interest. We are indeed progressing with our Windows mobile app development, If you'd like to join our beta program please send your request to flowmobilefeedback@microsoft.com and we will be happy to include you once relevant. 

Thank you,

Adi

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Do you have an idea of roadmap for the product for Windows mobile?

Need to know in order todecide a mobile platform for the deployment of Flow. 

As today, thinking only in iOS, maybe Android, where Flow (and IFTTT) have a more advanced apps.

ideas?

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hey

We are progressing for Windows Mobile and an early exposure program will be available soon. If you're interested in joining, please mail your request to flowmobilefeedback@microsoft.com

Thank you 

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

still nothing? No App for Surface or Windows phone?

Highlighted

Our Win10 devices are waiting for UWA Flow, please put some force for this.

Highlighted

HI

@PaulSpeedy wrote:

Am I being daft - or am I right that there is no Flow Mobile App for Windows Phones - only for Android and IOS?

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

meanwhile there is an app for Windows Phones -> I am using it and it's pretty fine 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,125)