cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Darrel
Level: Powered On

No dynamic values appearing when connecting Flow to a Group Form

I've a basic Group form and when it is submitted I want to use Flow to compose an email using values from the form. However, when I follow this tip - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/Flow-does-not-connect-to-Group-Forms/m-p/295047 - and use my Group form ID in the Flow, no options for dynamic values appear. Is that the expected behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: No dynamic values appearing when connecting Flow to a Group Form

Hey @Darrel 

So you need to get the response details (add the get response details action and refer to teh screenshot i shared). This flow will have only one form's value (despite the apply to each loop)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Darrel 

Can you check and confirm that you have access to that form? I tried a test case in my environement and it works as expected:dde2.PNG

You can try deleting the current connection to forms and create a new one to be sure that this is not a connections caching issue. If it still does not work, try closing the current session and start a new one. You might also want to try a different browser. (works fine in chrome for me.)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Darrel

That's interesting. I've naively assumed I'd build the Flow in this way.

1. Create from automated trigger
  2. Choose when form submitted
  3. Add action to email a mailbox and email built from values in the submitted form <end>

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Darrel 

Yes. You can create the flow for that. are you facing any issues? 

Darrel

Hi, I am. 

Screenshot example. 2019-09-26_150706.jpg

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Darrel 

So you need to get the response details (add the get response details action and refer to teh screenshot i shared). This flow will have only one form's value (despite the apply to each loop)

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Darrel

Super helpful. I wouldn't have guessed that and now it's a little trick I can reuse to save me a few clicks 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,029)