Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorul
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

No response at approvals

Hello,

starting another post cause the one here has already a solution, even that my question is somehow related 🙂

Can you please give me an example on what should i do to configure approvals to wait for 7 days and add a condition after that: if we have a response of any kind, do something (send an e-mail with the response) and if we dont have a response, restart that approval step if its possible.

What i created so far, but just starts another approval, without loops. Tested for approval to wait 2 minutes and go on if nothing happens, and the condition is set to start if Approval is succesful or in timeout:

Capture.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dorul,

Do you want to set the duration of time out for the approval as 7 days? In the Settings of the action, please set duration as P7D, then the approval will wait for 7 days, then time out if there is no response.

About your scenario, I assume that you could try the following flow.

The flow is manually triggered by a button, then start an approval. Without using a Condition to check if the response is Approve/Reject, add the action Send an email directly.

Then add a parallel branch, adding the action Start an approval2. Then configure run after with the selections “has failed”, “is skipped”, “has timed out”.

Please take it for a reference and try it on your side.

1.PNG2.PNG

The following doc for your reference:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for your answer @v-yamao-msft thats alot easier/faster than what i did 🙂

but can we use something like "Do until", so it will just repeat that approval every 7 days, incase we dont have an answer from the approver?

Edit: any idea why flows fails even that it doesnt actually fail?Capture.JPG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Dorul
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Any idea, anyone? Still cant figure it out how to resend an approval after 7 days, instead of just a reminder.

I tried to include a Do until, but something went terrible wrong, as the flow sent 10 approval requests in 2 seconds, so I had to cancel all runs.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,807)