cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btrcp2000
Regular Visitor

No template to Sync existing events from Office 365 to Google calendar?

Trying to set up a one way sync from Office365 to Google Calendar. It works for all newly created events, but I cannot seem to find a template to capture existing events? I tried dumping the outlook calendar to an .ics file, but it doesn't sync changes, it just creates a duplicate event in Gcal with the changed info of course because there is no metadata in the imported events.

Searches have only turned up very brief descriptions of commands to try, but I don't have the skills to build from scratch. Even if I could do it, wouldn't the metadata be different in the one-time full sync vs the update sync from the existing " Office 365 Calendar sync to Google Calendar " template? Does anyone have a full sync template they can share?

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @btrcp2000,

You could try to get all the current events using Get events(V2) action.

Then use Condition to determine if the event is an all day event.

Finally, create a normal event or all day event using Create event action in If Yes/If no respectively, and use Dynamic content generated by Get event.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for responding. I've seen that suggestion before but unfortunately have no idea where to start. Flow is working perfectly for new or changed events but I'm very surprised there is no template for existing, so I guess I have to learn how to build it from scratch.

Where do I put the GetEvents parameter? Am I adding it to the existing flow or creating a new push button one entirely to use one time?

I am truly floundering here and would appreciate any insight. There must be someone out there who has created a flow for copying existing events from Office365 to Google Calanedar, not just those created/updated from today forward.  I am not experienced enough with the code to write this from scratch, but I did attempt to swap out the "when an event is changed" step in the Office365-Gcal sync flow with GetEvents(v2), but you can't delete the top step.  

I also tried creating a category then moving all events to it so they would show as "changed".  This succeeded in copying recurring events to Gcal, but does not see single instance events. It also has a tendency to timeout.  Could this be because it is too large?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,367)